Money Saving Favourites

07:00:00


I thought that there would be no better way of kicking off my blog by sharing the top five websites I love to use in my never-ending quest to save money.

The internet is an amazing place to source discount codes and vouchers for pretty much anything you want to buy either on or offline. I am always on the lookout for new websites but there are several that I come back to time and time again. I'm sure you will have heard of most, if not all, of them but I thought I'd share how and why I like to use these websites. So, without any further ramblings lets get stuck in:

1. Money Saving Expert
Ok, lets get the holy grail, ultimate money saving website out of the way. Martin Lewis is money-saving genius who really, really knows his stuff. If you only want to use one money saving website then Money Saving Expert is all you will ever need. The website is h-u-g-e and covers a massive range of topics. If the sheer size of the website seems overwhelming a great place to start is to use the Budget Planning tool on their website. This will give you more of an idea of where your money is actually going and how much 'disposable' income you really have available.This will then lead you onto other topics or areas of the site that could help you reduce the amount being spent and keep you within your set budget. I subscribe to Martin's weekly e-mail as it contains up to date headlines and often has lots of discount codes that you can be sure are not going to be old or expired.

2. Vouchercloud
Whenever I want to go out for a meal, or am making a purchase online this is the first place I usually head. Vouchercloud has hundreds of different, relevant vouchers available at any one time so you can be sure to find something that you are looking for. They have lots of different categories such as days out, fitness and beauty, so it's not just the usual culprits of eating out or fashion (although to be honest this is what I use the most). They have a great mobile app too, which has fewer vouchers available, but allows you to generate the vouchercode there and then to show in store. This is a fantastic option if you don't have a printer at home.

3. O2 Priority
Available both online and as a separate mobile app, O2 customers are able to access exclusive offers and discounts. I love using this app to pick up free treats. On a Monday you can get lunch for £1 from either boots, upper crust, dominos or whsmiths. I usually take my lunch into work, but a £1 lunch is a lovely treat every now and then!

4. Magic Freebies
Everyone loves a freebie right? The clues in the title with this one, every day this website is updated with free samples or competitions. I've been a user of magic freebies since my student days and back then, the freebies were so much better and much easier to get. These days I like to check about once a week when I have a spare moment to see if there's anything that takes my fancy. Sometimes the samples are quite generous and I like to prepare my holiday stash this way. Be aware in order to get a lot of the freebies you will have to provide your address and e-mail, but they should NEVER ask for card details, if they do - steer very clear!

5. Bloglovin
I love reading blogs, I get a lot of great tips from reading money saving and lifestyle blogs and I plan on sharing my favourite bloggers in a blog post very soon!

That's just five of the websites I use to save myself money, my advice if you are looking to save money on just about anything is don't be afraid to google. You never know what discounts you might be able to find!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love vouchercloud, especially for meals, though most of the time I actually forget to use it hah! I really need to take a look at some of these sites!
    xo April | April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so useful! especially the app :) x

      Delete
  2. These are definitely smart and helpful tips. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, so glad you found them useful! x

      Delete
  3. I'm going to take a look at Money saving expert, thanks for the tip :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great website and has so many different guides and resources! x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe