Why We Love Our National Trust Membership

07:00:00



Summer is here (as I type that I'm having a little chuckle to myself as it's currently bucketing it down outside) and my fiance and I decided that we wanted to spend more time actually going places together, the problem with this is that most places are expensive and a single day out can end up costing over £100 if you're not careful.

We both love the outdoors and walking so we decided to get a membership to the National Trust. At £105 per year, or £8.75 a month for a couple it seemed like a really great way to enjoy beautiful houses and gardens near to us and for great places to visit when we go on stay-cations in the UK (St Michael's Mount I'm looking at you!)

We tend to visit a National Trust Property at least once a week (usually on a Sunday) and if the weather's good we will take a picnic lunch to save on costs. We chose to pay monthly and seeming as usually entry per person is over £10 a time, effectively we only need to visit a property once a month to make the most of our membership. The amount we go, we manage to save a fortune on days out.

The National Trust has a fantastic Days Out section on their website, all you need to do is pop in your postcode and it will tell you all the places closest to you. We have found some lovely places by doing this - a particular favourite of mine is Stowe in Buckingham. It really is an amazing place.

I love getting outside and spending quality time with my fiance, it gives us a change to relax and catch up as we are both very busy during the week. Having a National Trust membership allows us quality time together and gives us the feeling of going on a day out without feeling like we have to spend lots of money.

We discovered some amazing places through our membership such as Cliveden, Stowe, Wimpole and Corfe Castle. There always seems to be somewhere new to explore and because the properties and gardens are so lovely, often we enjoy returning again and again.

If you enjoy history, beautiful gardens, walking and the great outdoors then I'd really recommend a National Trust membership. I know friends who have young children who also love the National Trust as there's usually so many fun things for kids to do too.

As I've said we love exploring new places, so if anyone has any recommendations of great places to visit let me know!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ohh I get you get lots of use out of your membership during the summer, it sounds lovely.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe